Work Permits

Forms & Notices

The VUSD Parent Forms page houses many of the forms sent home to sign. Please check back later as more forms are posted. Refresh page to reload documents.

Annual Notification of Parents/Guardians & Students
English Spanish

Acknowledgement Form - Annual Notification of Parent or Guardian & Students
Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
English Spanish

Student Accident Insurance Information

Student Insurance Notice to Parents

Instructions on how to enroll for student insurance on-line
On-Line Enrollment SI English On-Line Enrollment SI Spanish

VUSD Discipline Handbook TK-6th Grades

Discipline Handbook TK-6

Elementary Short Term Independent Study Contract

ShortTerm IS Elementary Application -English / Coming Soon- Spanish

Secondary Short Term Independent Study Contract ShortTerm IS Secondary Application - English / Coming Soon- Spanish

Work Permit
Work Permit Form from California Department of Education

Williams Complaint Form

English Spanish


Work permits should be completed by the student, legal guardian, and employer then submitted to the student's school. If school is not in session, work permits can be submitted to the VUSD Educational Services Center, located at 401 Nut Tree Road.

California Department of Education

Download Work Permit from California
Department of Education


Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a "work permit"). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the location of the employer as well as the number of hours a minor may work.

California Child Labor Laws from Department of Industrial Relations Division of Labor Standards Enforcement

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.