Novel Knowledge is a Reading Enrichment Program that is celebrating a Decade! Students in grades 4-6 across VUSD's ten elementary schools are challenged to 'Read for Meaning' 8 pre-selected titles. The students collaborate and complete a series of questions from each title over several days in teams of four. The #1 team from each site is invited to the District Championship each year in early May.
Just Announced : The 2014/15 Novel Knowledge Titles / Authors
- The BFG by Dahl
- Bunnicula by Deb and James Howe
- Holes by Sachar
- The Kid Lawyer by Grisham
- Maniac Magee by Spinelli
- 39 Clues/Maze of Bones by Riordan
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Stewart
- Ruby Holler by Creech
- Running out of TIme by Haddix
- Schooled by Korman
Readers are Leaders!