Novel Knowledge is a Reading Enrichment Program that challenges students in grades 4-6 across VUSD's ten elementary schools to read and reread eight pre-selected titles. Students collaborate and complete a series of written questions from each title over several days at their school sites in teams of four. The #1 team from each site is invited to the District Championship each year in early May.
See the flyer and other forms in the locker at left.
The list of books for 2016-17 competition:
- Because of Winn Dixie, by Kate DiCamillo
- Brown Girl Dreaming, by Jacqueline Woodson
- Esperanza Rising, by Pam Munoz Ryan
- The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan
- Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
- Fish in a Tree, by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry