An Outline of the Process
- If you want to use the school district buildings, fields, or any other facilities, you need to follow our Facility use Request process.
- First, give yourself and the process ample time. Becasue there are many schools, issues, community groups and facilities, you should allow at least one month for your request to be processed and approved. If you allow less than one month, you may not have the request approved in time for your event or meeting. If you need to advertise your event(s), please allow even more than one month.
- Start at the school that you want to use. If you do not know about our schools and facilities, please call the Facilities Department at (707)453-6138 and we can discuss our facilities and process with you.
- Go to the school, discuss your request with the school office staff and fill out a Facility Use Request Form. The school staff will talk with you about availability and schedules, the rooms and fields that they have and if you may be accommodated.
- Submit the completed signed Facilities Use Request from to the school that you wish to use. If okayed at the school site level, the principal must sign the form prior to full approval and then send it on to the Facilities Department for final aproval. Submitting a form directly to the Facilities Department without the principal's signature/approval will cause delay in the processing of your request.
- You must have proof of $1 million in general liability insurance coverage prior to your use of the facilities or sites. There is no exception to this. If you do not have insurance coverage for your event, please call the Faciltiies Department and we can talk with you about the possible one-time event insurance policies. If you are a school district-sponsored activity, you may be covered by the District's insurance. Please call the Facilities Department to discuss this at (707)453-6138.
- While the Request Form is being processed at the District, please have your insurance company submit the Certificate of Insurance to the Facilities Department, by faxing it to (707)453-7132 or by emailing it to Bhamilton@vacavilleusd.org.
- If the request form, insurance coverage and any other requirements are approved, you will receive a final signed coopy of the Facility Use Request Form. This is proof of your approval. Please be sure to bring a copy of that form to the events to show the school custodian or other staff if asked.
- You may be required to pay facility, custodial or other fees. When you discuss your request at the school, the staff may be able to provide you with a fee estimate. If they do not know the estimate, please feel free to contact the Facilities Department at (707)453-6138.
- You will be billed for the use after the event. Failure to pay fees may result in small claims court and will cause denial of future use of all VUSD faciliteis.
- There may be unique situations that require more discussion. Please feel free to contact the Facilities Department at (707)453-6138 for more information.