Superintendent’s Update: Superintendent Shamieh acknowledged donations from staff and the public to district sites and introduced newly-appointed administrators Kimberly Forrest, Assistant Superintendent of Student Services; Sasha Begell, Director of Special Education; Nanette Castaneda, Fiscal Analyst; and Ami Blackstone, Principal, Country High School. Mrs. Shamieh also reported on several district events and activities.
Closed Session Report Out
President Kitzes reported that the Board approved the following administrative appointments:
Kimberly Forrest as Assistant Superintendent, Student Services; Ronald Thomas as Assistant Principal, Vacaville High School; Alison Eeds as Assistant Principal, Jepson Middle School; and Jose Bermudez, Assistant Principal, Markham Elementary School. Congratulations to all!
Staff Reports and Presentations
- Measure A Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC): COC Spokesperson Laura Petty provided the annual report of Measure A activities. Ms. Petty reported that the committee reviewed and supports the Measure A Performance Audit findings, and noted that VUSD Facilities staff are doing a great job managing Measure A projects.
- Superintendent’s Facility Advisory Committee (SFAC): Director of Facilities Dan Banowetz provided an update on recent SFAC meetings and provided a timeline on upcoming district construction projects and bond issuances.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) Completer Program Update: Director of Secondary Education Kelley Birch, Vacaville High School Principal Ed Santopadre, and Will C. Wood High School Principal Adam Rich provided an update on the Career Technical Education pathway recognition for students who complete the criteria for the CTE completer program.
- Math Placement Update: Director of Secondary Education Kelley Birch provided a report on math placement processes for students in grades 7-11.
New Business – the following items were approved by the Board:
- Resolution No. 18, 2016-17, Resolution to Request a Constitutional Advance of the Solano County Treasurer for 2017-18 Fiscal Year.
- Approval of Change of Status for Alternative Cooperative Education (ACE).
- Approval of Revised Educator Effectiveness Fund Plan.
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Wallace-Kuhl & Associates for the Will C. Wood High School Stadium Project.
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Johnson Controls, Inc. for the Measure A Bond Program Project.
- Approval of Contract Amendment #1 with Vista Environmental Consulting, Inc. for the Jepson Middle School Modernization Project.
- Approval of Contract Amendment #1 with Blackburn Consulting for the Sierra Vista Increment 2 New Multipurpose Room and Science Classrooms Project.
- Approval of Contract Amendment #2 with Hibser-Yamauchi Architects, Inc. for the ISP Tenant Improvement Project.
- Approval of Change Order #1 with Lister Construction, Inc. for the Vacaville High School New Classroom Increment 3 Project.
- Approval of Change Order #2 for Environplex, Inc. on the Vacaville High School New Modular Two-Story Classroom Building Project.