- Superintendent’s Update: Superintendent Shamieh acknowledged a large computer donation from Genentech; congratulated Kim Forrest as our new Interim Assistant Superintendent of Student Services/Special Education; reviewed Consent Calendar items regarding new courses to be offered to secondary students; reported on a state grant to the VUSD Child Nutrition department for purchase of equipment; and shared information on an upcoming Teen Summit to be held on February 11 at Will C. Wood High School.
Mrs. Shamieh also announced the district’s Teacher and Classified Employee of the Year: Tracy Ruiz, Will C. Wood High School teacher and Link Crew advisor, and Alicia Topete, Paraprofessional at Alamo Elementary School. Congratulations Tracy and Alicia!
Staff Reports and Presentations
- Acceptance of the District Financial Audit Reports ending June 30, 2016.
- Approval of 2016-17 Memorandum of Understanding for Certificated Non-Management Retirement/Resignation Incentive Program.
- Approval of Agreement with Capitol City Design, Inc. for Architectural and Engineering Services on the Security Camera Upgrade Project, Phase 1.
- Approval of Contract Change Order #3 with Pacific Power & Systems, Inc. for the Sierra Vista K-8 Campus Conversion Fire Alarm Project.