Superintendent’s Update: Superintendent Shamieh acknowledged donations from staff and the public to district sites and programs; thanked several VUSD employees for outstanding service to the district; and reported on Kindness Week activities throughout the district.
Closed Session Report Out
President Kitzes reported that the Board approved the following administrative appointment effective February 27, 2017:
Ami Blackstone as Interim Principal, Country High School. Congratulations Ami!
Staff Reports and Presentations
- Buckingham Charter Magnet High School Report: Principal Mike Boles provided an overview of Buckingham’s mission and school goals; enrollment and staffing; CAASPP state accountability test results and academic programs; and intervention strategies and school climate.
- Superintendent’s Facility Advisory Committee (SFAC) Update: Director of Facilities Dan Banowetz provided a summary of various ongoing Measure A projects throughout the district.
New Business – the following items were approved by the Board:
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Lister Construction, Inc. for the Vacaville High School Increment 3A Sitework Project.
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Pacific Power & Systems, Inc. for the Vacaville High School Increment 3B Low Voltage and Fire Alarm Project.
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Optima Inspections, Inc. for the Sierra Vista K-8 Modular Science Classroom and Multipurpose Room Projects.
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Structure Groups for the Will C. Wood High School New Stadium Project.
- Approval of Contract Amendment #1 between VUSD and Hibser Yamauchi Architects, Inc. for the Vacaville High School Woodshop Project.
- Approval of Contract Amendment #1 between VUSD and Mid Pacific Engineering, Inc. for the Vacaville High School New Modular Classroom Project, Increment 1.
- Approval of Change Order #1 between VUSD and Soltek Pacific Construction Company for the Jepson Middle School Modernization Project.