- Superintendent’s Update: Superintendent Jane Shamieh reported that teachers throughout the district are attending various professional development trainings during the summer break.
- Superintendent’s Facility Advisory Committee (SFAC) Update: Director of Facilities Dan Banowetz provided an update on the following district projects: Will C. Wood Stadium; Sierra Vista Reopening; Vacaville High Classroom Buildings; Vacaville High Parking Lot and Tennis Courts; Proposition 39 Energy; Elm Site ADA; Citizens’ Oversight Committee; Master Plan Update; Fencing at elementary sites; Buckingham Site Options.
Closed Session Report Out
President Dally reported that the Board unanimously approved the following administrative appointment:
Rick Vaccaro as Director of Human Resources. Congratulations and welcome Rick!
Old Business – the following items were unanimously approved by the Board:
- Approval of Independent Study Charter School Charter Petition.
- Approval of Facility Naming Citizens Advisory Committee Recommendation.
The new Independent Study Charter School will be named “Ernest Kimme Charter Academy for Independent Learning”, after Ernest Kimme, former VUSD middle school teacher, active local leader, and public education advocate who passed away in August of 2015.
New Business – the following items were unanimously approved by the Board:
- Approval of Employment Agreement for District Superintendent.
- Approval of Certificated Management Salary Schedule for 2016-17.
- Approval of Memorandum of Understanding with California State University, Humboldt.
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Joseph Renda Construction Services, Inc., for Consulting Services for the Vacaville High School Two Story Modular Classrooms Project.
- Approval of Agreement between VUSD and Servpro of Fairfield for Professional Cleaning Services on the Sierra Vista Increment 1 Conversion Project.
- Appointment to Community Advisory Committee (CAC).
Item 15.f., Approval of Letter of Intent with Bristol Land Company, LLC, was tabled to a future meeting.