Superintendent Jane Shamieh provided the following information to the Board:
- Donations made to the District from various community donors; backpack/school supply donations from Buckingham student Ryan Mayeux; Pastor Raymond Beaty and the Father’s House; Costco; and Ball Container Corporation
- Genentech’s $40,000 grant to the Vacaville Public Education Foundation (VPEF) for Science-related supplies, activities and curriculum at several VUSD schools
- Visits to Will C. Wood to observe a math lesson provided by Vacaville Police Department Officer Matt Adame and Vaca Pena’s history, math, and art classrooms
- Changes to annual notifications for parents
Director of Instruction, Curriculum and Assessment Kimberly Forrest shared information regarding two academic research projects being conducted: California’s Transitional Kindergarten programs and evaluation of reading intervention programs.
Director of Facilities Dan Banowetz provided an update on the following district projects and topics:
- Will C. Wood Stadium architectural drawings to be submitted to the Department of the State Architect on September 16
- Vacaville High parking lot, tennis courts, and new classroom buildings
- Elm site project
- Sierra Vista marquee and parking lot paving
- Facility use fees
- Fencing at elementary sites
- Country High’s request for shade structure and new marquee
- Citizens’ Oversight Committee’s next meeting scheduled for October 12, 6:00 p.m., at the Educational Services Center
Staff Reports and Presentations
Career Technical Education (CTE) Update: Chief Academic Officer Mark Frazier, along with district staff and students, reported on career pathway priorities and goals; college and career hubs; and the CTE incentive grant.
New Business – There were no New Business items acted upon at this meeting.